Sunday night I was out shopping with my mom at Walbaum’s when I discovered that they were having a sale on muffins tins!!! Clearly I was ecstatic! So I figured what a perfect time to make chocolate chip muffins! I decided on chocolate chip because we had all this chocolate in the house, and what better was is there to improve a Monday if it’s not with chocolate??
Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe:
Yields 12-18 muffins
2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup butter, slightly melted
2 eggs, lightly beater
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 package of semi-sweet milk chocolate chips
*optional 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
3. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugars, baking powder, and salt.
4. In another bowl, stir together milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla until blended.
5. Make a well in center of dry ingredients.
6. Add milk mixture and stir just to combine.
7. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
9. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted into the center of a muffin and comes out clean.
10. Remove muffins and let cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.
“Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate.” ~Sandra Boynton